Early Childhood Education Programs
La Casa de Don Pedro’s program niche is quality early childhood education. We have been providing quality education and care to young children since our founding in 1972. We now educate and support more than 600 expecting mothers, infants and toddlers, preschoolers on their way kindergarten, with a goal to provide a supportive, nurturing, educational, and culturally sensitive program that’s second to none. Working in collaboration with Newark Public Schools and the Federal Head Start Program, our programs are free for Newark families. Our Head Start and Early Head Start programs are dedicated to income-eligible families only who meet or fall below the Federal Poverty Level. We have ten early childhood education centers located in all Newark wards.
Two of our three Preschool Centers in partnership with Newark Public Schools are accredited by the highly competitive National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and since commencing in Head Start in 2016, we have been expanding our impact by serving residents of all Newark’s wards in prenatal, infant toddler care, as well as expanded early childhood education.
HEAD START & EARLY HEAD START PROGRAMS AND NAEYC-ACCREDITED PRESCHOOL
HEAD START EDUCATION PROGRAMS:
PRENATAL CARE / INFANT & TODDLER CARE / PRESCHOOL
(For income-eligible Newark families)
We offer free Head Start and Early Head Start programs for income-eligible expecting mothers, infant and toddler care (ages 0-3), and preschool (age 3-5) programs to income-eligible Newark families. Programs run weekdays. Before and after care may also be available.
How do I enroll in the Head Start/Early Head Start programs?
See list of locations below and contact the corresponding Center Director by phone number or e-mail listed or contact Jessica Umana by e-mail or by phone. (JUMANA@LACASANWK.ORG; 862-400-1125 ) Provide copies of your child’s birth certificate, immunization records, proof of family income, and 3 proofs of residency.
How do I enroll in the Expectant Mothers (Prenatal) Program?
Join La Casa de Don Pedro’s Expectant Mother’s program to get access to comprehensive prenatal and postpartum care, resources, referrals, and more. To register, contact Stefany Abreu-Rodriguez at 862-400-1125 or email@example.com.
Where are the Head Start/Early Head Start Education centers?
- 201 First St. / Head Start & Early Head Start / 862-237-9260 / Center Director: Michelle Coleman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 168-174 Roseville Ave. / Head Start / 862-237-9320 / Center Director: Adriana Cabrera, email@example.com
- 87-89 St. Francis St. / Head Start / 862-237-9330 / Center Director: Donnette Akpeere, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 432-437 S.15th St. / Head Start / 973-242-0696 / Center Director: Dawn Macias, email@example.com
- 35 Elizabeth Ave. / Early Head Start / 862-237-9380 / Center Director: Libna Artieda , firstname.lastname@example.org
- 45 Elizabeth Ave. / Head Start / 862-237-9380 / Center Director: Libna Artieda, email@example.com
- 9-23 Dewey St. / Early Head Start / 646-480-6892 / Center Director: Tanya Munyan, firstname.lastname@example.org
(Free for all Newark families regardless of income)
Free NAEYC-Accredited Early Childhood Education in partnership with Newark Public Schools is available for children ages 3 to 4.
How do I enroll my child in the preschool Early Childhood Education programs? (These are the Non-Head Start programs that have no income requirements)
Contact Danisa Tejada by phone (973-350-0530) or contact your preferred center directly below. Your child must be 3-4 years of age on or before October 1st to be eligible. Provide copies of your child’s birth certificate, immunization records, and 3 proofs of residency. You do not have to be income eligible to quality.
Where are the Early Childhood Education centers and how do I contact them?
75 Park Ave. / Preschool / 973-485-0850 / Center Director: Josefina Terry, email@example.com
39 Broadway / Preschool / 973-481-4091 / Center Director: Simone Battick, firstname.lastname@example.org
202 First St. / Preschool / 973-350-0530 / Center Director, Gloria Jerez, email@example.com
- Administrative and Training Headquarters – 221 Mayor Kenneth A. Gibson Blvd. (221 Broad Street)
- Yun Shin, Division Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 973-483-4761